It's incredible that I'm back in this Philadelphian bubble, how did the summer go so quickly... it's hard to think how much you take for granted when you're in your comfort zone, your home, surrounded by the people you love the most... without much responsibility or care in the world.
Now I'm here. Not in a dorm, not in dear old White Hall but on my own block, 19th and Diamond, 5 blocks from the site of campus in the heart of North Philly. What did I get myself into? Yes, I'm in love with my room and I'm happy with our second floor home and the familiar faces of my roommates but what I've come to realize is.. not just a part of my life is missing, a HUGE part.. I don't even know what to do with myself after classes anymore.. I've realized how much more of a loner I am, how much more I'm on my own... there's always pros and cons. I like being alone for the most part, thank God. But I do get lonely, I miss my boyfriend being right by my side.
Monday.. new classes began. Not til 1 o' clock!!! I wasn't aware of that but I was thankful. This is what my day consisted of: wake up. eat breakfast. take shower. get ready. turn everything off. lock bedroom door. lock apartment door. lock building door. lock front building door. um yeah. 4 freaking doors to lock behind me, that's not gonna get old or anything. then I walk 5 blocks to campus, then another few blocks to class. History. Hour break. Mosaic I. Go home. And unlock all 4 doors and lock them behind me. whew. Not to mention all this under the city sun, sweating my butt off.
Evening = not knowing what to do considering comcast had an 'outage' in the area. great.
Tuesday.. class at 11 until 330... on a normal day. no breaks. yay for 3-hour studio drawing classes.
luckily I had a friend drive me through the ghetto to the nearest fedex station to pick up my psychology book which wasn't even the right book. also great.
Wednesday.. same classes as monday... then with an added bonus of an hour break after mosaic then my psychology night class for 2 1/2 hourssssss. only once a week. so quite a long day today.. i'm just glad to be back in my lovely, wonderful bed typing away.
that's how it's been going so far... plus missing my favorite person alive to death, oxymoron. & goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment