Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dandelion Wine

A 5 day week of classes and homework, living in a dirty city, with roommates, secluded in my bedroom of paradise away from friends, family, and my lover always seems like the longest week of my life… 
I live for Fridays. Period. I don’t really care what I’m doing over the weekend as long as I’m with the ones I love, whether it’s concerts, first birthday parties in the ghetto, partying with neighbors aged 24 - 55, or creating a surprisingly incredible viola and guitar duet for ‘Dandelion Wine’.
But this week, I’m cutting it short. 3 day week, it’s about time. We’re entering the 5th week of classes and I have yet to skip a single one; knowing me, that’s a record. So I’m convincing myself that I deserve it.. and with that time I’m going to surround myself with a group of 19-21 year old boys for 2 days at Dewey Beach. A constant 48 hour period. What am I doing? Great question. The things I do and sacrifice to spend time with D. I’m also convincing myself that I’m a GREAT girlfriend…
Cheers… from one crazy weekend to the next, it’s how we survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment