"We seen the worst and felt the pain.
Cloudy weather filled with rain.
United we stand, divided we fall.
They can't break me not at all."
"I'm talented with reason
I cover all the angles.
I can fail before I ever try.
Try to understand there's an old mistake
that fools will make and,
I'm the king of them
pushing everything that's good away so,
Won't you hold me now? (I will not bend, I will not break)
Won't you hold me now? (I will not bend, I will not break)
I am fairly agile
I can bend and not break
Or I can break and take it with a smile.
And I am so resilient
I recover quickly
I'll convince you soon that I am fine"
"Cause behind its door there's nothing to keep my fingers warm
And all i find are souvenirs from better times
Before the gleam of your taillights fading east
To find yourself a better life.
I was searching for some legal document
As the rain beat down on the hood
When i stumbled upon pictures i tried to forget
And that's how this idea was drilled into my head
Cause it's too important
To stay the way it's been
There's no blame for how our love did slowly fade
And now that it's gone it's like it wasn't there at all
And here i rest where disappointment and regret collide
Lying awake at night"
"Paranoia is hunting you and all these dirty looks, they are right on cue
You're full up to the brim with that he said she said trash
You exist behind your keyboard then you're gone in a flash
10 bucks says you don't have it in you
To conquer fear and quit believing what they tell you to
You are careening shamelessly into oblivion
Where you will live alone with your chemicals and gin
I am utterly disgusted with the path you trek
As inebriated as you can get off your latest pay check
I am at a loss for words here
I hate to break this to you but being a coward is not a legitimate career"
"Fill these spaces up with days
in my room you can go you can stay
I can't sleep
I can't speak to you
I can't sleep
Now these years locked on my drawer
I'll open to see just to be sure
I can't sleep
I can't speak to you
I can't sleep
And so i'm reaching out for the one
And so i've learned the meaning of the sun
And all this like a message comes to shift my point of view
And watching through my own light
As it tints the shade of you
Hold my wine hold it in
Nobody's lost but nobody wins"
"the rhythm of my footsteps crossing flood lands
to your door have been silenced forever more.
the distance is quite simply much too far for me to row
it seems farther than ever before
oh no.
I need you so much closer"
"Hey, are you lonely?
Has summer gone so slowly?
We found the ground,
but that damage was done.
It's cold as you fade into the sun.
Where'd you go? To me?
But you're alive!
Well, it's only
fallen frames, they told me.
You stand out, it's so loud...
and so what if it is.
It's cold when you fade into the wind.
Where'd it go to?
So what if you catch me,
where would we land?
In somebody's life
forsaking his hands.
Sing to me hope as she's
thrown on the sand.
All of your works
are rated again.
Where to go?
But it's all wrong, you're so strong.
But this life's work
and choice took far too long.
Where'd it go to?
You know I love you.
You know I love you .
I want you oh so much."
"I pictured you in the sun wondering what went wrong
And falling down on your knees asking for sympathy
And being caught in between all you wish for and all you seen
And trying to find anything you can feel that you can believe in
May God's love be with you
Always....
May God's love be with you
I know i would apologize if i could see your eyes
'Cause when you showed me myself, you know, i became someone else
But i was caught in between all you wish for and all you need
I pictured you fast asleep"
"Everybody wants to be loved
every once in a while
we all need someone to hold on to
just like a helpless child
can you whisper in my ear
let me know it's alright
it's been a long time coming
down this road
and now i know
what i've been waiting for
and like a lonley highway
i'm trying to get home
ooo loves been a long time coming
you can look for a lifetime
you can love for a day
you can think you got everything but
everything is nothing when you throw it away
then you look in my eyes
and i have it all
once again"
"It's that time of year,
Leave all our hopelessnesses aside (if just for a little while)
Tears stop right here,
I know we've all had a bumpy ride (I’m secretly on your side)
Lie down
Deep breaths
Count to ten
Nod your head"
"I've seen a palace in London, I've seen a castle in Wales
but I'd rather wake up beside you and breathe that ol' familiar smell
I never thought you could leave me, I figured I was the one
but I understand your sadness so I guess I should just hold my tongue
But I'm comin' home, I'm comin' home
I know that we're takin' chances, you told me life was a risk
but I just have one last question...
will it be my heart or will it be his?"
No comments:
Post a Comment