Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer

For the past 2 months or so my summer has been that of a younger me... without work, without any sort of responsibility besides babysitting and cleaning and working on things for my own satisfaction..

My morning consists of sleeping in, waking up, getting on the computer, finally getting out of bed, eating some kind of breakfast (usually cereal), then turning on the tv and watching none other than yes, Spongebob Squarepants. And after a little bit of the tube... I finally go get some things done, whether it's painting furniture, cleaning the house, packing, or spending time with D (on a short work day for him of course).

Eventually it's lunch time, a late lunch that is since my day began around 10 or 11. My lunch usually consists of a Katie Wolf turkey sandwich with chips, water with ice, and that's about it. Never gets old. After that some time I finally shower, get clean and attempt to look acceptable to go out of the house. Then my evenings are usually spent with my lover whether we're playing tennis, watching shark week, relaxing, sippin on drinks, taking a walk, babysitting together, etc.

And that's been the majority of my summer. Relaxation and laziness at its finest. Besides the fact that I've barely made a cent this summer, I'm pretty ok with it. I don't need much. College expenses have been good to me, tuition at least. And I've factored that with my apartment and groceries, it's the same amount of money as the dorms and meal plan last year... so after my parents deal with this year. I'm making it easy to the extreme for them next year. They deserve that. Millersville... cheapo. Living at home? cheapest. There's no breaking the bank there. Although I will need a car... and I deserve that haa. Maybe there will be a car with a cd player, air conditioning, and no ghetto looking side doors in my future.. just maybe. And I figure once I live at home, I will acquire a stable, better job where I can attempt to save every drop of money I get. For the rest of my life that is...

There's my plan that I've conjured up throughout my seemingly-worthless summer days...
A few more years of dependence until I break free for real, no matter where that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment