Simple, simple words with so much meaning behind them. Yes, I went to see the film with my girlfriends and yea, of course, I knew I would be inspired. The sites and smells of Rome, the serenity and peace of India, and the adventure and romance of Bali. What a wonderful journey, someone else's journey. Although, one day, I hope those places become a part of mine, for now it made me focus on my own present journey... and that is taking me back to Philadelphia at the heart of north philly... home sweet 19th and diamond.
The return of school couldn't come at a better time I suppose.. for awhile I was dreading it with my entire being, but now I'm seeing it in a whole new light. I'm ready for a change of place, a change of pace, a change of people, a change of surroundings, a change of home... I'm ready for a routine, for focusing on what's important. I'm so sick of the drama of the summer, the drama that my so-called friends conjure up. I'm so done with high school, I'm so done with the attitudes of that age, of that scene. Why can't people let it go?
I've finally learned to stand up for myself and tell people like it is. And it's about time... I was half-depressed last semester because I couldn't let myself out or express myself to my roommate. But everything is going to change this year, it already has. I know what I'm aiming for this year and what I'm aiming for next year, I know who I want to be, not necessarily 'what' I want to be. And that's fine. I know who I want to be with me on my journey, the people that are happy to see me happy and the people that I appreciate to have in my life.
So cheers... to a new year of college in a new home with a new outlook, attitude, and style.
I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment